APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Markers or Metadata - The Debate!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Markers or Metadata - The Debate!
on Apr 28, 2017 at 12:22:14 am

[David Lawrence] "So what's more efficient? Markers or metadata?"

The one that makes the most sense to the individual. It comes down to how we best think. Metatdata needs to start on location. At the moment I am shooting documentaries that I will end up posting but not editing. I know how difficult it is when shooting ob docs, to be on top of adding metatdata in the field. There are times when it makes no sense to be distracted by shot, take or description metatdata. Ultimately it needs to be a negotiated workflow with an editor and director and can very much depend on what their personal computer system or type is.

In grading/finishing which requires versioning, I much prefer markers. Metatdata coming in from edits can be totally inconsistent plus markers refer much more to timeline not individual clips which is where I am working. I use Smart bins in Resolve where there is useful metadata to shortcut rather than remembering which bins a shot might be in. So my answer would be both with a preference for markers.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]