APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

andy patterson
Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?
on Apr 6, 2017 at 12:00:53 am

[Andrew Kimery] "[andy patterson] " I don't see loyalty to HP or Dell although there may be a few. Keep in mind there is a difference between real facts and pure personal bias."

While now dated, have you ever heard the phrase, "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM?" Do you remember the Zune Tattoo Guy? There are certainly a lot of Windows/PC loyalists that wouldn't be caught dead with anything made by Apple. Maybe you hang around too many Mac-centric places so you don't notice, but get around a more general cross section of the computing user base (which is still by and large PC users) or go to PC-centric places and you'll certainly run into those that vehemently prefer PCs (or as they are known in gaming circles, The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race ;))."

There is a difference between brand loyalty and a product that is better than another for certain tasks. I don't remember the Zune guy. I know people who buy Dell, Lenovo and HP with no loyalty. There are gaming fans who would never buy an Apple computer but that is because a custom built PC is a much better option for gaming. Even Apple users would admit to that. If a product is better for a certain work flow don't confuse it with brand loyalty. I made response prior to your post that if HP did away with their current line of computers and only offered a 2013 Mac Pro clone they would get backlash as opposed to loyalty. As of now HP makes good products that work for many professional and non professional work flows. Don't confuse brand loyalty with a brand that actually makes a good product.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]