APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?
on Apr 5, 2017 at 11:36:02 pm

[andy patterson] "If HP hypothetical did as I suggested am sure you would agree HP would get backlash beyond belief. Apple did get some backlash with the 2013 Mac Pro but many Apple users thought since it is Apple it has got to be good. I"

Moving from HP to Dell is a seamless move for the user though. Switching from Mac to PC (or PC to Mac) is much more of a hassle. If Dell or HP could make Apple clones I guarantee that they would've picked up a lot of business after Apple released the nMP. Scratch that, they would've picked up a lot of business around 2011-2012 when people were grumbling about the lack of updates to the cMP.

I'd say a lot of people moved away from the nMP (either staying with the cMP, buying an iMac, building a Hack or switching to Windows) because the fallout was enough to get Apple to publicly state they goofed and that they are working on a more flexible, upgradeable MP. How often has Apple done that?

Considering the hassle of switching platforms I think a more apt comparison is platform loyalty, not brand loyalty.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]