APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

andy patterson
Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?
on Apr 4, 2017 at 9:41:51 pm

[Walter Soyka] "I carry both a Surface Pro 3 and an iPad Air 2 -- and I got the iPad after I got the SP3. I used my Surface as a tablet for a while, but it's pretty chunky and heavy in comparison with an iPad. As Oliver mentions, the Surface is a fantastic small laptop, but I certainly understand why people would prefer the iPad form factor."

I never stated an iPad will not work for some people. I have always stated for those iPad users who use Adobe's Creative Cloud some have opted for the Surface Pro. Please address what I am saying (no strawmen please). Many iPad users have also bought the Surface Pro. If the iPad Pro ran all the CC products the Apple users I am talking about would never have bought the Surface Pro. Why would they? Apple is giving MS money by not meeting their customers needs. Also some iMac users have stated once the price of the Surface Studio drops they will replace their iMac with a Surface Studio. That is my main point. I am not saying the iPad will not work for a college student writing term papers and surfing the internet nor have I ever suggested that. Let me put it to you like this. Do you think people with the MS Surface Studio are thinking "next year I am going to get an iMac"? Do you see my point?

For some people the iPad Pro will work OK. If you want a tablet that can run the Adobe CC software in desktop mode by simply connecting a keyboard the iPad may not be a good choice. Would you agree with that?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]