APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

andy patterson
Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?
on Apr 3, 2017 at 11:51:50 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Andy, as far as the iPad/Surface comparison, you must be seeing a small sliver of the market. Surface is a cool product and so is the larger desktop model. Yet, the only creatives I know who are using them are those that were given them by their company to use. Most Surface users I see are using it as a smaller laptop."

You can find Youtube video where Apple users state the iPad runs iOS but the Surface Pro runs Windows 10 64 bit. The Surface Pro allows people to draw on the Surface Pro with the Adobe programs. The Surface Studio brings it to a whole new level of interaction. By not making OS X touch screen compatible Apple is losing out.

[Oliver Peters] "Apple rightly or wrongly has decided to target the iPad as first and foremost a consumption device and not a reduction of the laptop, yet with enough power and features to support other needs."

That is the problem. Without an i7 and OS X the iPad cannot meet the needs of many creative professionals.

[Oliver Peters] "When I travel, unless I need my MBP for editing on-site, I only travel with the iPad and sometimes an external keyboard. It fits my needs just fine."

With the Surface Pro you only need one device. You are actually proving my point.

[Oliver Peters] " Whether or not Apple will evolve the pro into a different type of product is something we'll see in the future."

Why would a PC user switch to an inferior product?

[Oliver Peters] "In my original reply, I commented on SGI and Cray, not because these were high-end machines, but because they were high-end machines that the market could no longer support. In the end, Apple is there to make money. Investing in the R&D for a super-duper machine that attracts .01 % of the market simply isn't good business and doesn't serve the larger set of users."

I want everyone to know I am fully aware that Apple makes money in the consumer market. That is what allows me to make my criticisms. Apple is not about making the best product for the consumer. They want to make products that make the most profits. Most Generic ATX computers have a 5%-10% profit margin. It would be good for the consumer for Apple to offer them but bad for Apple's profit margins. I know the game well.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]