APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dominic Deacon
Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?
on Apr 3, 2017 at 10:01:39 pm
Last Edited By Dominic Deacon on Apr 3, 2017 at 10:03:11 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "you'll certainly run into those that vehemently prefer PCs (or as they are known in gaming circles, The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race ;))."

That's more refering to their preference of a desktop over a console. There's a difference between those guys and the dedicated Mac users though in that the "PC Master Race" tend to really know their computers. They're usually rabid about building their own kit and know their machines back to front so their preference for a PC is an educated choice. The same can not generally be said of the dedicated Mac user. Macs are just better and it begins and ends there. I was having to use a mac the other day and I enquired of it's dedicated Mac only owner how much free storage it had before I dumped a load of files on it and got the reply "I don't know, I bought the most expensive one".***

Obviously there are a lot of savvy folks here who needs Macs because of the maccentric software they run but that's a small part of the Apple business. The cult of mac that Andy's refering to is a different beast altogether and they're everywhere and they are spending a fortune on hardware they don't understand or need and could save thousands on a better machine if they put the marketing to one side. I find it a fascinating trend myself and marketing guruswill no doubt be studying it still hundreds of years down the line.

***Worryingly it was an i3 but she was convinced she had bought the most expensive Mac available. Ever since I've been haunted by the possibility that she dropped $5,000 on a Mac and they sent her the wrong one and she never knew...

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]