APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

andy patterson
Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?
on Apr 2, 2017 at 11:32:03 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Shouldn't Apple offer the best solution possible?"

Why? Do you understand Apple's business model? Look at what happened to the historical big iron companies of the past, like Cray or SGI. Simply not what Apple does. In fact, they shed themselves of as much of this as possible - XSAN, XSERVE, XSERVE RAID, etc. The margins are just too small and require more of a support structure than Apple wants to invest in."

I think it is implied "the best solution" on par with a PC. I am not asking Apple to be like Silicon Graphics or Cray Computers of the 1990s. Apple should offer better solutions for creative people but I know they will not. They still have the iPad running iOS and that is why many creatives have switched from Apple to a MS Surface Pro. The Surface Pro runs Windows 10 64 bit. That is kind of what I meant by "shouldn't Apple offer the best possible solution" as opposed to gimmicks but Apple knows their their loyal customers will drink the Kool-Aid no matter what flavor. I doubt a lot of Apple users know the difference between LGA 1151 and LGA 2011(not that all PC users do). Technology scares many Apple users so they assume the Apple products are the best out of ignorance. For some Apple is more like some kind of crazy tattooed beat rodeo messiah cult than a computer company.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]