APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

andy patterson
Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?
on Apr 2, 2017 at 3:19:55 am

[Bill Davis] "I understand that there are a few who must live on the edge of performance to get what THEY do done efficiently. And if you're 3d modeling, Or chasing billions of polygons - bless you and I hope you get what you need."

Shouldn't Apple offer the best solution possible?

[Bill Davis] "Where my work used to be mostly for broadcast, today it's mostly for on-line distribution. I work in 4k or lower masters, because I'm typically NOT delivering to motion picture theaters.

I thought this thread was about the Mac Pro not your workflow.

[Bill Davis] "For me, the old "chasing hardware" days are gone.

No time for it. Not when my "off the shelf" gear runs rings around anything I've ever had on my desktop before."

I doubt your laptop will run circles round my system and I also doubt your system can edit native 8K R3D file at full resolution. In another six months from now you may have a client who needs you to edit 8K R3D files. Why trans-code to Pro Res? Wouldn't it be faster and more effective to have a system than can playback the native R3D video files?

You claimed you started using FCPX from day one. That is fine but there are people who needed multi-cam, broadcast monitor support, closed caption and a lot of other things that FCPX lacked. It was not because the GUI was different but because FCPX could not fulfill the needs of many editors when it was first released. Just because your Apple laptop and FCPX work OK for your needs doesn't mean Apple shouldn't make improvements to meet the needs of others.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]