APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?
on Mar 31, 2017 at 12:58:26 am

Tim Cook sent a crystal clear message a bit ago with the world and Wall Street all watching.

A) Pro users matter to Apple
B) Creatives particularly.

Good enough for me.

I make my living communicating via video - and I'm having absolutely no issues doing so via the current Apple hardware and software.

I'll be DELIGHTED if something faster and newer arrives someday.

But I'm just not living in gear or capabilities "frustration" at present, so that "commitment message" is plenty for me. If others are struggling and pining for faster boxes or renders or struggling against huge noise reduction requirements, I'm sorry. But I'm just not. My work is getting to the screens it needs to get up to reliably and smoothly.

I get that there are those who need or want to pass 8k uncompressed 20 camera streams around. But it's not most of us. Most of us face communication challenges that are more modest. And certainly no more complex than what the folks doing multi-million dollar budget commercials and traditional movies are doing just fine day in and day out on the same software, so I just don't feel bereft of capability.

Maybe I'm just funny that way. But it was an enjoyable 2016 on my system. All work and no payments!

So I'm good for now.

That's all.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]