APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Is this why the new Mac Pro has been taking so long?
on Mar 30, 2017 at 5:54:23 pm

[Steve Connor] "Lucky you, for many of us (there are more than a "few") more power is very useful."

Didn't say that it wasn't.

Only suggesting that there MIGHT be a time in the not too distant future, where trading dollars for grunt for a noticeable improvement in performance stops making the same sense that it used to.

Isn't that kinda what's being discussed on the QNAP oriented threads?
And what the LumaForge guys figured out two years ago retrofitting those broadcast operations in Europe?

Technology evolving past where it's SENSIBLE to start playing a different game, judged by different metrics?

That's all I'm saying.

My MacBook Pro experience over the past few years has SHOCKED me. It's changed my orientation. When I go to NAB in two weeks. I'll take my laptop and one or two 4TB USB 2 drives in my lightweight briefcase - and the experience I'll have working in my hotel room will be EXACTLY equivalent to working at my desk. The ONLY limitation is I won't have my Fiber line for upload and download. But my hardware array and system performance will be identical. I define that as " proven to allow me to work at the top end of my skills without impediment."

And I do NOT think that type of change is going to slow down.

That's all.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]