APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Join me today in my heroic struggle against the subscription model!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Join me today in my heroic struggle against the subscription model!
on Mar 17, 2017 at 4:06:52 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "I got an interesting debrief from a colleague who just returned from SXSW. In one of the Adobe talks, the company spokesperson confirmed what I have been thinking in that the CC has gotten so huge, Adobe knows it needs to focus more on consistency of product performance and of UI across products"

That is one of my gripes with Adobe is that sometimes new features will come out and they are seemingly never revisited again even though they could use some tweaks. I think MorphCut is an example of that. Or if MorphCut has been updated that leads me to another gripe is that Adobe will improve something but not tell anyone. For example, when Search Bins first came out (2014 I think) it was okay, but definitely felt more like a proof of concept than a full blown feature. But in 2015 they made a ton of improvements to it... and told no one (it wasn't in any feature list that I saw from Adobe). On a lark I toyed with the Search Bins in 2015 and discovered that they'd addressed almost all the shortcomings I thought were in the 2014 version.

The lack of documentation/manuals from Adobe is also maddening as hell.

With regards to UI consistency across products, on one hand I think there could be a bit more homogeny, but on the other hand PPro, PS, AE, AI, etc., should all stay focused doing the best they can for their core demographics, even if that means a PPro users doesn't instantly feel 'at home' when they open up AE or PS. Creating 'one UI to serve them all' will just mean everyone is unhappy.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]