APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Join me today in my heroic struggle against the subscription model!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Join me today in my heroic struggle against the subscription model!
on Mar 15, 2017 at 5:02:22 pm

[Simon Ubsdell] "It was a RECURRING DEMAND FOR PAYMENT that was threatening to LOCK ME OUT OF MY PROJECTS if I stopped coughing up, which is why I decided to take my entire life off-grid.

(Admittedly I can now only edit when there's a gale blowing, but it's worth it.)

It's not the detail that counts, it's the PRINCIPLE!"

Principal? Or pragmatic simple solution?

If a big power company has the choice to build out their infrastructure with low profile buildings that lets you keep your solar power as an option - and another has a strategy of erecting light barriers everywhere possible that block entire neighborhoods from access to the solar power they desire — support the ones that don't have as much potential to make things MORE difficult for you in the future.

Pretty simple concepts, actually.

Kinda like this...

6 years of app only "rental payments" for one popular NLE @$19.95/mo = $1436.40* - that the company can "turn off" on you for non-payment. (*ever increasing number)
vs
one that you own in perpetuity by paying = $299.00" ONCE. Done.

Basically, even if they NEVER DEMAND ANYTHING from you - it's just a straight up BAD DEAL when you get nothing but the opportunity to stay where you are and not have to change too much from how you learned to edit a few decades ago.

You want THAT so bad? Have at it.

(But we must be COMPATIBLE with industry norms!!!)- I hear the legions say...

Yes, yes you do. Sorry about that. But that ain't my fault that industries evolve so slowly and are more ready to protect the status quo than to face the risks of innovation.

The big slam on said innovation for the early years is that it was TERRIBLE innovation. Now its kinda looking like it was REAL innovation - since many, many of us are getting significantly more work done faster than before we moved over.

And so it goes. ; )

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]