APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Join me today in my heroic struggle against the subscription model!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gabe Strong
Re: Join me today in my heroic struggle against the subscription model!
on Mar 15, 2017 at 3:57:17 pm

[Simon Ubsdell] "It was a RECURRING DEMAND FOR PAYMENT that was threatening to LOCK ME OUT OF MY PROJECTS if I stopped coughing up, which is why I decided to take my entire life off-grid.

(Admittedly I can now only edit when there's a gale blowing, but it's worth it.)
"

You know what's actually kind of amazing. I live in SE Alaska. Now most people think
of Alaska as this snow and ice covered wasteland. But the southeast portion of Alaska is along
the 'inside passage', full of islands and fjords, and is much more similar to Seattle (climatewise)
than what most people think of when they think of Alaska. Normal winters are 30-45 and rainy.
Living on the ocean, keeps it relatively mild here, but it's wet!! The Tongass National Forest, which
covers most of SE Alaska, is the largest national forest in the US at 17 million acres.....and it's
a temperate rainforest. This collision of relatively warm marine air, and coastal mountains
means up to 225 inches of rainfall a year. Needless to say, sunny days are rare and much appreciated.
Yet, somehow, in the middle of this rainforest, my parents manage to live 'off the grid' and what
do you imagine they use for their power? Northern climate solar panels. Crazy.

Gabe Strong
G-Force Productions
http://www.gforcevideo.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]