APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FAO Bill - or anyone looking at the new MacBook Pro....

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: FAO Bill - or anyone looking at the new MacBook Pro....
on Feb 15, 2017 at 3:56:37 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "I think the the 2016 MBP has it's own set of issues uniquely related to the current state of using USB-C adapters."

Might be true. I'm kinda reserving my final judgement until I do a complete reinstall from the OS up and get my hands on the OWC TB3 breakout box. I think perhaps the TB and usb dongles could be problematic. Right now I'm using one TB adapter to step down to TB2 to drive my display, raid, and AJA) all in a series, a USB dongle to drive my USB 2 hub. I also have power plugged into a third USB C port. The open port I use to attach random USB3 portable drives. I use USB C to USB 3 cables for those. For most things, a cable is a simpler cleaner better idea than a dongle/adapter. So with the OWC TB3 hub I'm hoping that the dongle/adapters/crasing issues is solved. I have no problems when using the laptop just as a laptop. so it's definitely hardware/driver related. Could be the AJA as AJA and BMD products really aren't too happy about being hot swapped.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]