APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: FCP Legacy FCPX Debates Apple Final Cut Pro X FCP Tutorials

Re: FAO Bill - or anyone looking at the new MacBook Pro....

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: FAO Bill - or anyone looking at the new MacBook Pro....
on Feb 14, 2017 at 7:44:03 pm

I'm not surprised about the X vs PPro numbers (as the speed of X on iMacs and MBPs has been well documented) unfortunately it's doesn't mean much if you work outside of Apple's ecosystem.

[Oliver Peters] "I routinely work with maxed out MBPs, which limit at 16GB of RAM. They easily stand up to desktop systems most of the time. Especially with FCPX."

Out of curiosity, do you typically run multiple apps concurrently? I usually do and across two Mac Pros (one cheese grater and one trash can) my RAM usage is usually between 14 and 23gigs. I also typically peg the RAM limit in my MBP too. I know I could just keep closing and reopening apps as needed, but that seems like a very 1995-era solution. 😉

[Tom Sefton] "Interesting. I've heard of issues with thunderbolt peripherals causing crashes when they go to sleep but never experienced it on either an iMac, Mac Pro or 2012 MacBook Pro Retina."

I think the the 2016 MBP has it's own set of issues uniquely related to the current state of using USB-C adapters.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]