APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Night Shift mode

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Night Shift mode
on Jan 29, 2017 at 9:48:19 am

Once again, I wasn't notified of this, but only the next response. Really annoying. So in out-of-order response…

[James Culbertson] "I was feeling discomfort working at night (headaches, eye strain, and other fatigue related symptoms), and the instant I installed f.lux the discomfort went away."

Oh, that I don't doubt for a second. The type of light you live/work in, be it day OR night, will most definitely make a difference… in your wake state. But that wasn't the point I was disputing. 😉

[James Culbertson] "So I am a solid supporter of the science behind what Night Shift is trying to accomplish."

The only thing being, that there is no conclusive science behind the whole notion. Yet? Only extremely little research has been done to date. At least I've only been able to find studies with very small numbers of subjects that merely say it MAY affect one's sleep. Unless you know of others? I'd be interested. And never mind that what it is you see (fast paced, aggressive video/game? An email with bad news?) will affect your subsequent sleep exponentially more.

But either way, like I said, if it's a feature one FEELS is of benefit to oneself, whether proven or not, then all the power to ya! Not something (in this case) that affects me personally or others in any way, so I couldn't care less one way or the other in the end. ☺

Bottom line: looking at your phone at night is a terrible idea no matter what IMO. For the same reasons I don't have a TV in my bedroom either, and never will.

[James Culbertson] "Homeopathy on the other hand as far as I can tell is a placebo if it works at all."

The only double-blind studies that I know of (I've had to deal with the topic a lot that last few years) prove nothing beyond the classic placebo effect at work, yes. And I for one have absolutely no clue how anyone can even actually believe that eating sugar-balls that don't even contain so much as A SINGLE ATOM of an active agent can somehow be beneficial… but that's a different thread for a different forum. 😜

- RK

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]