APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 10.3.2 Is out - WOW review from a huge X facility in Europe.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: 10.3.2 Is out - WOW review from a huge X facility in Europe.
on Jan 21, 2017 at 7:57:11 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Sending me back a bunch of graded clips with an EDL isnt helpful, especially if I need to go to another NLE."

I completely understand that. However in the old (6 years ago), FCP7 days (cough, cough) you'd send an EDL and clips. When you got the graded footage back, FCP7 would relink (often a forced relink) to the new media clips. Worked like a charm. Company 3 told me the reason they wanted an EDL is because they were using the Linux version of Resolve. Their internal system was set up to parse the EDL for this system. Hence no XMLs. In the case of Company 3 LA, this was also true for Avid edits, which I found quite funny at the time. FWIW - I also sent projects to LA Baselight houses and they were fine with both XML and AAF files.

[Jeremy Garchow] "I also don't work for a studio, so the workflow is mine to wield."

I don't work for a studio either, but I am expected to have my edits be compatible with others. I just find that harder to do with FCPX than with FCP7, Premiere Pro or Media Composer. And yes, I have all the various in-between tools. The most reliable seems to be X2Pro. XtoCC, in spite of IA's best efforts, still seems to have issues with complex FCPX projects.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]