APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 10.3.2 Is out - WOW review from a huge X facility in Europe.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: 10.3.2 Is out - WOW review from a huge X facility in Europe.
on Jan 21, 2017 at 7:08:26 am
Last Edited By Michael Gissing on Jan 21, 2017 at 7:09:37 am

[Jeremy Garchow]"Maybe it's because I've tested the crap out of it, but fcpxml has been very successful for me. It is certainly the most accurate translations I have created and much less headache than xml."

I'm certainly not implying that Resolve is without issues. There are things that need to improve on their side of translation for sure. I think the issue I tend to have is in fact operator error. Most experienced editors who understand how to get a project from shoot to final post are not using X in my world. So those experienced editors are presenting projects that are in much better shape and they track down and pre fix issues.

X is not significant in my world as few editors still have embraced it so the X projects I get are often from inexperienced editors who just think they can dump a whole lot of files willy nilly on a drive, cut away and make a fcpxml without worrying about decompounding etc. So it is more complex than just a matter of which xml is being translated. But Oliver's observations match mine for whatever reason. Happy to accept that Resolve may have to take some blame as well.

Sorry to get off topic on this debate forum but it's actually normal.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]