APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 10.3.2 Is out - WOW review from a huge X facility in Europe.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: 10.3.2 Is out - WOW review from a huge X facility in Europe.
on Jan 21, 2017 at 5:23:24 am

[Michael Gissing] "The fact that experienced editors feel the same doesn't surprise me. No amount of denial by people who don't live an die daily in shared workflows alters this for me and many others in post finishing."

I use Resolve as a media prep, consolidate, and relinker for FCPX to color grade finishing (usually to Baselight). Resolve's problem is itself. Examining fcpxmls from Resolve shows errors and incorrectly written XMLs. Sometimes you can actually go in and fix the fcpxml, but with a lot of clips, it is extremely tedious. Also, there are certain things that work really well. Retiming is one of those, even speed ramps translate remarkably well between X and Resolve. Mixed frame sizes are sometimes a problem, though.

I had many more issues when doing the same process with Premiere. Fcpxml seems to be very robust for a new interchange language.

X2Pro on the audio side has always been really good (I use Logic to check the AAFs) and the newest update handles retiming well.

Maybe it's because I've tested the crap out of it, but fcpxml has been very successful for me. It is certainly the most accurate translations I have created and much less headache than xml.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]