APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 10.3.2 Is out - WOW review from a huge X facility in Europe.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: 10.3.2 Is out - WOW review from a huge X facility in Europe.
on Jan 21, 2017 at 2:27:02 am

But Herb, what I have keeps getting better and better and better.

And that makes my work easier and easier and easier.

Why the hell would I want to give that up?

For example, I have a minor project in house where I have a bunch of stock photos embedded in an art directors design. We sourced the images from at least 5 stock sources like Getty, and iStock, etc.

I set up sub-roles for each image source. That lets me highlight each vendors clips with a click. Better than that, in the timeline index, I can sort by those subRoles and group/sort by vendor or clip ID. These small projects often take weeks to get client feedback about - so whenever I get back to it, I know that my "micro database" of image source information lives right inside my project. On "go ahead", it's way easier now to use the image ID info embedded in the clips to source the non watermarked finals and replace them in the projects Compound clips.

Just a tiny type of convenience Roles is enabling for me as I learn new ways to use it.

I just can't fathom why I'd want to jettison these very efficient new workflows to move away from X.

Maybe AVID and Premiere Pro let you "reach into" your timelines and identify assets by metadata class like this, I don't know. All I know is I'm finding it super useful and efficient.

FWIW.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]