APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 10.3.2 Is out - WOW review from a huge X facility in Europe.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: 10.3.2 Is out - WOW review from a huge X facility in Europe.
on Jan 20, 2017 at 6:21:20 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "Don't paint FCP X as all unicorns and pixies and other people will probably stop pointing out that those creatures don't exist."

Just to add to that. I was just now converting an FCPX short film for a friend to XML and AAF for further audio and video post. The director cut it and used X, because that's what he knows, but my friend wants to do color correction in Resolve and possibly final edit tweaks in Premiere.

The FCPX project "appears" to be fine. Yet the XML through XtoCC was completely unusable. Resolve interpreted the FCPXML OK (I think), but can't find one clip. I have now idea whether the AAF through X2Pro is correct until the Pro Tools guy checks in. The XML out of Resolve is also useless (we haven't generated new Resolve media yet).

My point with all of this is that FCPX is fine as a closed ecosystem, but every time I have to go out of it to the larger post world, I have to hold my breath. More so than with either Premiere or Media Composer.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]