APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 10.3.2 Is out - WOW review from a huge X facility in Europe.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: 10.3.2 Is out - WOW review from a huge X facility in Europe.
on Jan 20, 2017 at 5:27:17 am
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Jan 20, 2017 at 5:32:35 am

Sure.

Apple needs to keep their sights firmly on re-creating ALL the old tools and conventions so that they can concentrate on giving everyone what they are USED TO!

Cuz, you know, all the different stuff like range selected keywording, magnetism, the skimmer, and roles - all that stuff is silly when the development team COULD spend their time adding back ALL the traditional stuff older editors have had for years, (even when, as I was describing, it's less relevant in the style of editing X excels at.)

No reason to spend time trying to move forward here.

The old ways are always the BEST ways.

Heck, I was trained in the 1980s to edit by cutting mylar tape with a razor blade.

It was SO tactile and SO obvious.... HEY! Wait just a second... I've got it! X should figure out how to turn the Touch Bar into a virtual Splicing Block complete with virtual 45 and 90 degree "cuts"!!!

That would be, like... sick.

; )

(I'm truly teasing. There's nothing wrong with sync indicators, of course. And it's a perfectly understandable capability that many editors would appreciate. And who knows, maybe they will eventually make their way into X. Its just that NOT waiting for traditional stuff like that is likely why the X team has managed to keep the innovation flowing with stuff like the deep Roles re-build in 10.3.

And THATs where I want the X developers to keep their focus. That saves DAYS potentially. While sync slip indicators save, at best seconds occasionally. FWIW.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]