APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: FCP Legacy FCPX Debates Apple Final Cut Pro X FCP Tutorials

Re: Mac Pro 2 Concept -- (if only Apple cared about the Pro market)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Mac Pro 2 Concept -- (if only Apple cared about the Pro market)
on Jan 16, 2017 at 11:29:24 pm

[Bob Zelin] "OMG !!! What does the back of your 6,1 Mac Pro look like ? Everyone's looks like a spaghetti pile, with all the USB and Thunderbolt 2 ports coming off of it. Everyones computer faces out to them (back facing you) with the spaghetti of
monitors, drives, USB hubs, Blackmagic and AJA cards, flash drives, external drives piled up, thunderbolt to 10G adaptors. If that's not a spaghetti mess, then what do you call it ?"

My last Mac Pro was a 2009 cheese grater. My home built PCs are rack mounted in a machine room with beautifully loomed labeled inputs/outputs cables. From the back they go to my patch bays which are 99% normaled for most work so barely any patch cables required. I visit the back of the rack occassionally to plug in hard drives where I have a dedicated shelf to hold them and the racks have power boards built in. It is neat, organised and rarely needs any adjustment.

Changing GPUs is done by simply disconnecting the looms, sliding the PC out and dropping in the new card. Slide home and replug the loom. All 6 computers and three NAS units are networked so file transfers do not require plugging and unplugging from a spaghetti mess. I even have an old DVI switcher for monitor swapping between two computers in one control room.

So yes I do this as a business. I don't have time for shoddy spaghetti junction computers without sufficient onboard processing. I think you would appreciate the back of my three rack units more than anyone else here Bob.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]