APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final cut X A Diamond in the rough

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Final cut X A Diamond in the rough
on Jan 16, 2017 at 6:58:46 am

[Bill Davis] "Seriously, I remember all the events you are referencing and by the time they appeared, I'd been cutting on FCP for quite a while."

Less than 12 months is quite a while?

The goal posts are moving a bit, Bill. I'm not disagreeing that you started using FCP v1 early or with your personal experiences while using it. I'm disagreeing with your idea that, "Without the market of NON-Filmmaking - FCP Legacy would not have developed into a tool that filmmakers FINALLY got to access for THEIR needs." It doesn't fit. Having a single product that could address multiple market segments was always in Apple's plan. I mean, they had the Oxygen Network as beta testers for FCP v1. Like I said previously, there were a lot of things happening concurrently and it was FCP use in the lower end of the film/TV community that lead to the development of improved tools from Apple that focused on the workflow needs of the film/TV community. It just doesn't make sense that Apple would look at a guy editing corporates with 3/4" or MiniDV and go "You know what he really needs? Cinema Tools!"

I agree with you that FCP's path to success was from the bottom up, not the top down, and there's certainly a wide bottom in the filmmaking community.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]