APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final cut X A Diamond in the rough

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Final cut X A Diamond in the rough
on Jan 16, 2017 at 5:14:43 am
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Jan 16, 2017 at 5:20:09 am

[Andrew Kimery] "While you were cutting your stuff on FCP in AZ, other people were cutting docs using FCP in NYC, music videos on FCP in Chicago and TV shows on FCP in LA."

Not really, Andrew.

I walked out of NAB 1999 where I went looking for a platform for a specific corporate monthly magazine program I had just pitched to my largest client.

It's where I saw FCP 1.0 at its initial introduction.

Ordered a system the next week and was cutting on it a week later.

I undoubtedly wasn't the first, but I was AMONG the first guys using FCP Legacy (via Hi-8!) for corporate video LONG before it was even a glimmer in Hollywoods eye.

Seriously, I remember all the events you are referencing and by the time they appeared, I'd been cutting on FCP for quite a while.

Well before I flew to LA to help Mike Horton do the very first LAFCPUG meeting and years before I flew back to LA for an early DV Expo and wound up chatting with Rami Katrib of Digital Film Tree about how excited he was because Walter Murch needed to set up a home cutting situation and they were going to be going to his place to instal a FCP system for him.

FWIW.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]