APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final cut X A Diamond in the rough

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Final cut X A Diamond in the rough
on Jan 15, 2017 at 7:05:42 am

[Bill Davis] "But that was nearly 2 years after it was launched, Andrew.

Some of us had cut literally hundreds of projects on Legacy by that time."

While you were cutting your stuff on FCP in AZ, other people were cutting docs using FCP in NYC, music videos on FCP in Chicago and TV shows on FCP in LA. The first cable show to use FCP aired in 2000 ("WOW!" aka Women of Wrestling) and Apple won Engineering Emmy's for FireWire (2001) and FCP (2002) so it's not like these things weren't being used by people in major markets to cut movies, TV shows, movie trailers, etc.,.. They just started out being used on smaller projects before working their way up the food chain to bigger budget/higher profile projects.

Which brings me back to the crux of your previous post:
[Bill Davis] "Without the market of NON-Filmmaking - FCP Legacy would not have developed into a tool that filmmakers FINALLY got to access for THEIR needs. "

I disagree. The lower-budget TV and filmmaking community using FCP is what led to the higher budget TV and filmmaking community using FCP. For example, Apple didn't buy FilmLogic in 2001 because corporate guys were switching from 3/4" and Avid to MiniDV and FCP. FCP's $999 price tag made it attractive to anyone on a small budget and having a small budget isn't exclusive to the non-filmmaking community.

[Bill Davis] "Probably why it all the X hue and cry has always sounded a bit familiar to me. ; )"

Which is a reason I've always wondered why you railed against such a predictable, and oft repeated cycle, so vehemently.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]