APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final cut X A Diamond in the rough

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Witthaus
Re: Final cut X A Diamond in the rough
on Jan 11, 2017 at 2:22:26 am

[Andrew Kimery] "Adobe looks to be someplace in between Apple and Avid in terms of dependence on the creative sphere for revenue."

I think this is what I was saying.

[Andrew Kimery] "AFAIK Adobe is split into three main silos; Creative Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Document Cloud."

I met with 2 Adobe reps today, one of whom I met with in San Diego at the Max conference. We had an interesting conversation around how the CC has gotten so huge, it's hard to show value of every piece to a potential client (they want to sell a site license to our university). I talked to them about the challenge of selling the the cloud package to schools as different as the School of the Arts and the Nursing School, for example. Perhaps Adobe should break the cloud up into "cloud-lets": Adobe Social Cloud, Adobe Motion Cloud, Adobe Image Cloud, etc.

[Andrew Kimery] "FCP's "In Action" page is populated with movies,"

Perhaps, but I see more problem solving on Apple's In Action page than Avid's marketing (but I am biased towards this as a one man shop). Problem: I don't like cluttered interfaces. Solution: The first thing I noticed was how clean the interface is in FCPX 10.3. Oh, and I cut Audi branded content on it too.

Whereas Avid seems to be "when the **insert big name director here** came to cut their new film 'Martian 2: On to Venus', they of course chose Media Composer, because all the great films are cut on Media Composer... 90% of all the Academy Award films are cut on Media Composer". Yeah, so how does that help me here in Sheboygan? I want an uncluttered interface. "Did we mention 90% of all the Academy Award films are cut on Media Composer?". Doesn't solve my problem.

But I can see your point. And I am being sarcastic. I still have a few shares of Avid stock...

[Andrew Kimery] "I'm sure they wouldn't just start listing off names of movies and TV shows that used their NLE."

I was agreeing with Shane here on the point that many editors might choose a system because some big film was cut on it. Wrong way to do things.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]