APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final cut X A Diamond in the rough

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: Final cut X A Diamond in the rough
on Jan 9, 2017 at 7:58:06 pm

[Bill Davis] "hanes post has a lot of accurate and valuable information - but it reflects his perspective as someone who's focus is Hollywood feature oriented production."

Since that seemed to be the focus of the blog post, that was the focus of my comments. The explosion of FCP into the film/TV realm, and what spurred it.

It didn't mention the NLEs used in the corporate or news world...Media 100, Edius. Or Early Premiere pro. PPro and Media 100 were the big boys in the corporate world...from my perspective when I cut in the corporate world in the mid 1990s. Even Sony had offerings, and little stand alone tape editing systems. ALL SORTS of editing options that were staples of the non-film/tv realm weren't mentioned...only ones pertaining to Film/TV. Thus why I spoke about that.

I'm sure that FCP was huge in the corporate/wedding/realty realm, and lead to the slow decline of Media 100. Heck, DV in combination with FCP and firewire capture revolutionized everything, everywhere....

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]