APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why do Events still exist?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Winston A. Cely
Re: Why do Events still exist?
on Dec 7, 2016 at 9:35:57 pm

This following is a VERY specific way of using Events, but it works great in my class. (Sorry if something similar has been posted, but I didn't read every single post).

I teach basic video production for high school students, and we use the Library to specify the student, and the event to specify the video project we're working on. So, they may have 10 to 20 projects (depending on school schedules) and the students don't have to create a new Library every time they are assigned a project. Not to mention, as they progress through the program, they have the option of keeping the entire Library through out their 3 year progression (sophomore through senior), or just specific Events (assigned projects).

To be even more specific, it's a great tool for students to be able to open one item and it display their development over a time period.

I enjoy having Events in this circumstance, but I've dealt first hand with instances in which each job should simply be a new Library and no need for individual Events.

Options are always nice, Apple!

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

17" MacBook Pro | 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 3 | FCPX | Motion 5 | Compressor 4

"If you can talk brilliantly enough about a subject, you can create the consoling illusion it has been mastered." - Stanley Kubrick

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]