APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why do Events still exist?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Why do Events still exist?
on Dec 4, 2016 at 11:05:37 am
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Dec 4, 2016 at 11:14:08 am

[Joe Marler] "Today you can use FCPX perfectly well without any events, although events may have some residual value besides a comfort blanket of familiarity."

I couldn't disagree more. I at least was initially FAR more confused by the library-then-event-then-project structure than I would have been if there had just simply been a library filled with media and projects. So I'd say you're completely backwards on that one. But now that I understand the logic and reasoning behind it, I most definitely would not see getting rid of events within the library in any way as an advancement let alone improvement. Quite the contrary. And never mind that if you only always use ONE event per library, then there is ZERO difference to not having an event at all. Whether you select the library or the event, you're always seeing everything within. So I have now idea how removing the event would change anything for the better aside from making other people's lives more difficult that have understood what events are good for. So I'd say it boils down to "Don't get 'em? Don't use 'em." Absolutely nothing changes for you.

As I said before, I ask do episodic work and having library—>season and event—>episode (plus an additional event containing all the needed title animations, stingers etc. for all) is a brilliant way of working that no other NLE can offer me. Not even close once keywords etc. come into play as well. All in one single neat package at the Finder level! Getting rid of events would therefore be a completely stupid move imho.

And all that is aside from the fact that I was far from serious when I suggested getting rid of folders in the Finder, since that would clearly be just as stupid and counterproductive for pretty much the exact same reasons… which was kind of the point. 😏

- RK

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]