APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why do Events still exist?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Why do Events still exist?
on Dec 2, 2016 at 5:27:03 pm

[Oliver Peters] "This was not the case in a Library I created the other night. I had missing clips that had disappeared from the only Event, but were still visible in the Library. I was able to remove all clips from the Event, yet they stayed in the Library. I then moved (or copied, don't remember) back into the Event."

Then something is clearly going very very wrong on your end, since that simply can't (shouldn't) be. As Bret already stated, there is no way to only have clips in the library. They can only be in an event IN the library. Selecting the library will show you everything of every event in that library. If you're seeing anything else, well…

And by the way, for the sake of memory usage and speed alone, getting rid of events would be a horrible idea. Since otherwise FCP would load the entire content of a library upon starting up. This way it is only loading the content of whichever event/project you have selected (but scanning the rest on open to check links, yes). Unless of course you do e.g. a search at the library level, in which case it reads everything i.e. projects etc. as well. I'm sure everyone has had to wait for the progress bar to finish when doing that. There you go.

Aside from that I find events a very welcome and very logical organizational tool. I do an episodic. Instead of making one library per episode, which would make for a complete mess, I make one library per season and one event per episode. Exponentially better and easier to handle.

I also don't see how simply removing a single level from the overall hierarchy could have somehow posed a problem for Apple when it came to 10.1. I find the notion that the fact they're still there somehow wasn't on purpose rather amusing if not, in the context of Apple, plain silly.

- RK

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]