APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robin S. Kurz
Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.
on Dec 2, 2016 at 11:44:27 am
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Dec 2, 2016 at 11:46:33 am

[Michael Gissing] "with hundreds of subtitles recently using a proprietary plugin in Avid."

Wait. So you paid for an additional, non-standard tool to allow for additional functionality that you needed??! And then you're here and… oh never mind… 🙄

[Michael Gissing] "I was able to run the EDL and copy paste the text in in a few hours after wasting more than a day searching for alternatives to the uber simple EDL to give me the 'placeholder' events."

Wow. Now I know why you were talking about "mucking around for a day". That being the most "mucking" variation of an otherwise simple task, apparently born out of further ignorance (that you accuse me of) I guess. Because I don't know about the other NLEs, but with X you could of had that 100% for free (or a small payment for an even better result) and within minutes with a few clicks and XML ex- and imports e.g. via SRT. But clearly there is little point in explaining how, seeing how you are so convinced that EDL is somehow an uber brilliant, helpful solution no matter what.

[Michael Gissing] "You see sometime the editor doesn't own the gear and can't go and buy third party plugins to solve problems like this."

Right. After spending literally thousands on their NLE (other than X of course), it's now asking way too much of them to spend less than $100 on an app to serve in (their) "critical to stable commercial workflows"? Instead it's totally acceptable and sensible to buy something else (how much was it?) that doesn't even do the job.

Now we have truly left the "rationale" part of this thread and (long) entered the absurd imho.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]