APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Darren Roark
Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.
on Dec 1, 2016 at 7:55:44 pm

[Walter Soyka] "When you want to cut with FCPX instead of the "standard" Premiere Pro or Media Composer, you have good reasons other than "it costs less," right?"

It allows many tedious tasks to be automated, you can easily use production audio, faster outputs, and when the editor knows it the ones I work with all say something similar, they can work as fast as they can think.

Costing less and efficiency.

[Walter Soyka] "Each system has its own approach and design philosophy, its own strengths and weaknesses -- and a diverse, vibrant color ecosystem beats a Resolve monoculture in my book."

Absolutely. It's when I run into places here in LA who use Resolve for TV work and use one of the other more fussy systems for features in the same rooms with the same colorist and refuse to budge, it can get irritating. (This is usually due to the insistence of grading DPX on features as opposed to camera native because of 'proprietary color science'.)

Considering the movies I work on have about the same budget as an episode of network scripted TV, it gets a bit silly.

[Walter Soyka] "Apple's FCPXML interchange is a mixed bag, simultaneously brilliant and egotistical. On the one hand, it's modern, extensible and admirably complete; on the other, it's new(ish) and requires the rest of the world to adapt to it rather fitting in with all the pre-existing infrastructure."

I have turned over a few features where the finishing vendor had no idea it was cut in FCP X. I actually try and avoid that subject if possible. If they want an EDL or FCP 7 XML I can give them that.

I just don't want to pay facility fees and spend the time for using them if they aren't absolutely necessary.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]