APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robin S. Kurz
Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.
on Dec 1, 2016 at 12:36:29 pm

[Michael Gissing] "And that in a nutshell is why I want editors to own tools that (for whatever crazy reason to them) allows them to deliver what the next facility down the chain actually wants."

[Michael Gissing] "At times I need xml, OMF, AAF and EDLs"

And again: so? Which of those are you not able to deliver with FCP X i.e. FCPXML literally within seconds? Odd how you've avoided that question over and over. But then… maybe not so much.

So basically all this lamenting is because of a whopping 30 seconds more (if even!) you need for an export? Because sorry if I feel compelled to call complete bs on your "a day of mucking around" hyperbole. Even if that's actually the case, then FCP is most definitely not the spoke in your wheel.

[Michael Gissing] "I get that you and Robin don't get it."

Right. It's most definitely us. :-)))

[Michael Gissing] "if I say I need an EDL to drop into a text editor so I can do a quick find on a file name when I am on the phone to the edit room to tell them which files are missing from the drive then bloody well should give me an EDL."

So you've never heard of the timeline index nor e.g. Producer's Best Friend (not to mention EDL-X). Okay.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]