APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robin S. Kurz
Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.
on Nov 30, 2016 at 10:20:17 am

[Darren Roark] "If it's built in to the app and therefore seldom updated it must be more professional. "

😄

Another reason I'm glad none of that ancient, painfully limited, proprietary nonsense is built-in? Because that forces the one or other person/developer to finally get off it and demand others do, too! To actually claim anyone actually needs EDL with a straight face just boggles my mind, sorry. No, no one needs EDL, but everyone needs to kill EDL and others for the useless, vastly inferior exchange format of yestercentury that they are. Or is anyone actually going to claim that there is any reason EDLs of all things are still used other than laziness, complacency or even just plain spite? DAWs would even have by far the least work supporting XML, since none of the vastly more complex video attributes and information is of any interest to them. So yeah… what's their excuse if not the aforementioned? Or make a side-car app for your DAW like Marquis Broadcast has, sell it for less and even make a buck off it!

And yes — staying with Apple — just as I greet the fact that the iPhone does not have a headphone jack and the new MBP doesn't have PCIMCIA or an SD slot or Firewire or USB 3. That, for me, is what is called forward thinking progress, whether someone want to call me a "fanboi!!1!" for it (or for lack of any real arguments) or not. 😏

- RK

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]