APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robin S. Kurz
Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.
on Nov 30, 2016 at 8:55:25 am

[Michael Gissing] "when it comes time to hand over I find this incredulity that the editor should be responsible to hand over exactly what the post facility needs to effectively and efficiently do the finishing work."

So remind me… when, how and where do I not have that ability with FCP X again? Be it via XML or with 3rd party apps? I'm very curious.

[Michael Gissing] "X seems to be the most limited NLE in terms of being able to output formats that sound post in particular want."

I'm sorry… which would those be again?

[Michael Gissing] "why does the editor have to buy third party software for the very occasional job of exporting interchange formats, particularly AAF/ OMF for audio."

Funny. Because I am constantly asking myself why other editors feel they have to rent their own work and pay continuous ransom money just to continue to be able to access it. Literally thousands more. Just one of life's mysteries I guess. 😏 Somehow I'm not bothered by having to pay 10 bucks more, maybe even 100 here and there (as in one time expense)… or not. My choice. That's assuming I actually ever need to feed to a ridiculously inferior format from the 80's for some ungodly reason. Which I fortunately never have had to (since the people asking didn't even grasp that they could just as well take an XML and get MUCH better results). Horses for courses I spose.

I like my license "built-in" and paying much less for it. But I guess that's just me.

[Michael Gissing] "accept that I do know what I want and why I want it."

And I can't think of a single thing that FCP i.e. XML can't give you. But hey, if the "built-in" aspect is so utterly essential to you and not just a (rather worn) talking point, you're free to pay thousands to get it elsewhere, no? I for one know which I prefer. To each his own.

- RK

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]