APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.
on Nov 30, 2016 at 3:35:46 am

Thanks for the reminder Robin. I forgot one of the most important reasons to have standard file transfer protocols built in.

Rarely do I find editors who truly understand collaborative workflows and so when it comes time to hand over I find this incredulity that the editor should be responsible to hand over exactly what the post facility needs to effectively and efficiently do the finishing work.

X seems to be the most limited NLE in terms of being able to output formats that sound post in particular want. Luckily for me I get very few projects from X but almost every time there is this question of why does the editor have to buy third party software for the very occasional job of exporting interchange formats, particularly AAF/ OMF for audio.

So that's why it would be so much better to have these built into the NLE like everyone else. It is just a PITA to have to explain to X editors why they must be able to provide industry standard interchange. So rather than lecture me about why I don't need something, accept that I do know what I want and why I want it.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]