APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: FCP Legacy FCPX Debates Apple Final Cut Pro X FCP Tutorials

Re: So has the 10.3 Update calmed your fears on the Future of FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lance Bachelder
Re: So has the 10.3 Update calmed your fears on the Future of FCPX?
on Nov 7, 2016 at 3:52:18 pm

I think you're being overly pessimistic Oliver. I don't really care if Apple kills FCPX, but for now it's my NLE of choice and my favorite NLE by far. If Apple pulled the plug I'd be cool moving to Windows and Premiere/Resolve and finally in a hardware world that I have some control over. Apple had no problem updating and then killing off Shake, which was the gold-standard for compositing at the time. So anythings possible.

But I think this is a substantial update, the way roles self-organize on the timeline is insane and something no other NLE maker has probably even thought of and honestly substantial enough that I would have paid for the upgrade. I've seen much more positive progress since the release of X in 2011 than anything Adobe or Avid has done. Resolve is looking stronger all the time but still not, for me, as good as X when it come to editing. As far as performance improvements. I agree with Steve, I find it much improved with a big (feature length) timeline - 4K 444XQ - no sweat!

Wondering what they'll do next...

It was at a Vegas premiere that I resolved to become an avid FCPX user.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]