APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP X features or lack thereof. Your opinion on the rationale.
on Nov 4, 2016 at 5:17:06 pm

My opinion is if Apple and it's tools aren't aligning for you, then perhaps it's time to rethink and look at the tools that are.

Or, use the right tool for the right job, and that involves many tools. As hard as Adobe is trying, it's not a one stop shop. After Effects relies on a really strong third party eco system to fill out creative workflows, as does Premiere.

[Tangier Clarke] "Built-in batch syncing: "

I don't know what your workflow is, and I know I have helped you with this before, but currently there is no batch syncing in FCPX, and never has been. And while Batch syncing clips doesn't work in FCPX in the sense that you get new sync'd clips, you can make one long sync clip by selecting all the video and all the audio you want to sync, and making a sync map clip. You'd have to break down that sync clip with keywords, but it would work. You could even go further by opening the synchronized clip, and compound clipping the sync'd clips out of the sync map. This will take work, but it saves you money on third party.

[Tangier Clarke] "Batch Export: Need I explain why this is great"

FCPX Hacks is donation ware and includes a Batch Export option: https://latenitefilms.com/blog/final-cut-pro-hacks/

[Tangier Clarke] "Better media management: I still prefer FCP 7's media management ins many ways. I am really bothered that there's no dedicated method to deal with duplicate, triplicate clips, etc. when moving between almost identical libraries and events on different volumes. I'd like to also be able to rename clips on import that sticks at the Finder level as well."

I would imagine this is a workflow issue. If you swap full Libraries, there are no dupes, if you start adding pieces and parts, things will duplicate as it's the safest method to making sure you don't lose work. Have you tried any XML work in Premiere? If you think FPCX has it bad, wait until you try Premiere.

There isn't going to be one tool that does it all. The FCPX Ecosystem is very strong, and yes it might cost you a little extra in third party tools.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]