APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Where's your footage coming from?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dean Neal
Re: Where's your footage coming from?
on Aug 1, 2016 at 4:24:32 am

Well Bill,

I will say in Australia there are echoes of what's going on in the USA.

I saw the potential of FCPX at the start, but I agree within the broader community that its implementation within the FCP7 ecosystem at the time was far from perfect...

A lot of FCP 7 users here have moved to Premiere Pro. The first two years of 'X' did a lot of credibility damage here.

Some criticisms were fair, some maybe unfair.

That said, I have seen a steady increase of FCPX users for Television and high-end work here over the past two years.

The deceptively simple UI of 'X' hides a deep vertical interface and software paradigm. Lots of Disclosure triangles, Keyboard Shortcuts, options and settings at your disposal ;-).

There's been some amazing content delivered using it in Australia for sure... but FCPX is seen as a distant third at best behind PPro and Avid MC in the TV broadcast space here.

I love the media handling of FCPX and multicam implementation particularly...

If people could just see the non-destructive, Databased way that FCPX stores media files and the flexibility of keywords, keyword collections in particular... it would gain a lot of momentum I believe.

Now...if we can just get a roles based mixer, and more UI layout flexibility and better handle waveform generation in relation to 'growing' EVS files - then I would be pretty happy in its entirety with it and I could probably lobby others to adopt it with more vim and vigour. ;-)

Hopefully the next update of the software will further entice and excite people.

Dean Neal...

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]