APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Where's your footage coming from?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Where's your footage coming from?
on Jul 23, 2016 at 1:31:55 am

Yes I shoot but mostly I get footage from clients to grade in Resolve. Current project is a combo of r3d, XAVC from Sony A7s, CGI, RAW still images from Sony A7s and some overseas interviews shot on Canon (C300 I think).

My own doco production I am shooting is a combo of Blackmagics - the 4k and the Ursa Mini 4.6. That is giving me a combo of 4k ProRes HQ and 4.6 cDNG 4:1. At some stage I will also have other camera crews mostly shooting r3d. There is a concert shoot at the end and I can get more REDs than Ursa Minis at the moment so four or five cameras will be REDs and two or three BMs.

Working mostly on docos means almost every job is a combo of two to three different camera codecs and archive footage (mostly ProRes flavours) plus stills. To be honest I would love to avoid quicktime as that is rapidly becoming a weak link in Windows Resolve (thanks Apple for discontinuing Win support) although Blackmagic must write their own QT encode/decode handler for Win & Linux. Adobe has so it is a logical step to avoid the minefield.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]