APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Where's your footage coming from?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joseph Owens
Re: Where's your footage coming from?
on Jul 20, 2016 at 6:32:09 pm

[Neil Goodman] "to ask this from other folks posting upthread who are working with ProRes and DNxXX -- is your footage being shot in those formats, or converted for post?"

Its a blend, depends on how much time and effort the upstream production can afford also taking into account the editing platform and what that preference might be in terms of "nimbleness" of the codec. Generally, for long form and drama, we go back as far as we can to camera original, like doing a neg-pull, and then I start linking to XAVC and RAW with all its log profiles, &c. IF the editor is particularly dedicated, they will do a Resolve conform and send me a .drp so I just lock and load, dive straight into a grade with most, if not all, conform issues falling to the production.

Generally part of the post stream involves exporting and re-imbedding VFX, and those are travelling in DNxHR HQX, ProRes4444, and dpx sequences. I also get a certain amount of jpg, png, tiff... as stills and as graphic animations.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]