APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Where's your footage coming from?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Where's your footage coming from?
on Jul 18, 2016 at 8:21:45 pm

As a solo creative, i shoot most of my own footage but there are projects where I act more as producer/director and will send others to do the shooting. I also have several clients that I just edit for, and two clients that I just have me do audio mastering/colour grading.

I've been a freelance shooter/editor for almost 30 years but I've occasionally worked full-time for production companies and I've maybe spent four years out of those almost 30 just editing.

If it's just me, I own a Sony FS100, some Panasonic GH4s, some Canon DSLRs (7D, 70D, 550D), some Go Pros, a DJI Osmo and some video cameras (an ancient Sony FX1, Canon XA10, XA20). I'm primarily capturing ProRes via my various Atomos recorders but otherwise it's AVCHD, MP4, or similar. I also regularly get footage from a Sony EX3 and occasionally from HDV tape.

Being solo, I've had the luxury of editing all of the above exclusively in FCPX since the day it was released.

------

(For some reason I can't edit my own posts so apologies in advance for the stupid mistakes and bad English that I can't go back and fix)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Melbourne, Australia | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]