APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Where's your footage coming from?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joseph Owens
Re: Where's your footage coming from?
on Jul 18, 2016 at 8:00:18 pm

[Tim Wilson] "Are you shooting it yourself?
Are clients bringing it to you?
Are you part of an editorial team on the post side of a production, production company, etc? (This would cover episodics and features for sure, but also in-house corporate, worship, etc.)
What cameras/formats are you shooting/receiving?"

I do not operate cameras as a rule.

I run a more-or-less full service online/grade/delivery service (used to be called "online," I guess) including captioning.
The gamut of service covers just about everything that can be encoded as an image: from stills to feature-length for streaming, disk delivery, broadcast and theatrical presentation. Among the many one-offs, I've been fortunate enough to be retained on about half a dozen series over a multi-season arc over the past 10 years or so, and certainly the acquisition formats have changed a lot in that span. Our tools have also changed radically, going from Silicon Color FinalTouch2K to Apple COLOR and then through multiple generations of Resolve. Which I wanted to start with, but even then, davinci systems were not sure about it in favour of their 2K+ system. But we know how that went.

Used to get a lot of HDV 10 years ago, which mutated into C300, saw a pile of RED, then EPIC, some ARRI, a lot of Sony FS7 lately. It depends on the flavour du jour and how rich the producers feel. HD is on the decline in favour of 4096 finished as 3840, which is kind of a pain in the asspect ratio.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]