APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Keith Koby
Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)
on Apr 29, 2016 at 3:29:34 pm

Interesting. After reading your post, Tim, and scanning through the thread, I see a lot of people mention "storage", but I saw no one write about Symply Storage.

Being in the market segment that I'm in, using big stornext file systems for shared post environments, I know of peers who were leery of seeing what these guys were announcing because of history. I didn't have a good reaction to the tease of the new company either, to be perfectly honest.

I have to say, after seeing what they announced I was pleasantly surprised. It's not a product for me or the facility I run, but it is basically an easy to set up, miniaturized version of what I run. This was never a possibility before. And the beauty of it is that is just an easy thunderbolt connection to the clients.

The coolest part to me is that I think they can develop a nice little ecosystem on the box (the base unit) for cool ad ons. These ad ons will help the little studio do business in a way that has never really been possible or affordable for them before.

We saw a company last year that had a small thunderbolt san. This Symply thing is different, and pretty well thought out.

I'm anxious to see how they do.

There were other things, but I'd bore this group with those details.

Keith Koby
Chief Engineer
iNDEMAND

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]