APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple and Thunderbolt 3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Apple and Thunderbolt 3
on Apr 29, 2016 at 2:49:42 pm

[Steve Connor] "What "same tools" did you mean? were you referring to other NLE's that couldn't cope with the mixed footage workflow you were describing?"

I'm pretty sure in the modern NLE era that all the programs can cope with anything you throw at them just fine.

I don't want to cope.

I want to be excited.

With X I am. Every new project I receive is fun because I have new tools to use to solve old problems - in new ways. A good measure of the drudgery I used to face is gone. Apple, love them or hate them, seems honestly dedicated to driving real friction OUT of my work, making it increasingly easier to bring order to my planning, execution and expression of my thinking via editing.

As long as I continue to see that. I'm good.

It's inarguable that they re-invented quite a few ideas at the core of editing operations in X. In my experience almost all of those ideas have proved to be significant improvements.

Others are free to ignore or even actively dislike them. Perhaps for good reasons (doesn't suite my preference/style) or what I consider bad ones (no need to change NLEs at all, 'cuz how we edited 15 years ago (with refinements) is plenty good enough.)

Its no secret that I was lucky enough (along with others) to be in the right place at the right time to get a glimpse of where X may be headed.

All I can say is that it continues to be a journey I'm excited to be on.

And so it goes.

New signature under construction and coming soon. Please stand by...

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]