APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)
on Apr 28, 2016 at 4:38:21 pm

Maybe OT, but I was recently at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando and saw the Frozen Sing Along show. There was a huge backdrop that looked very well painted or printed of the castle. I was just amazed at how good the resolution was of that print. Not a pixel could be seen. And I was in the front row and it was only 35 feet away perhaps and 50ft wide by 30 feet tall. Pretty big in any case.

But then the show started and it started showing scenes from the movie. Holy moly not a pixel could be seen. Had to be 8k or more and immaculate. Blown away. On closer inspection it was likely made of tons of smaller display panels but so many that it had a nice arc to it without the panels being noticeable. No breaks or seams. One HUGE display of what appeared to be limitless resolution.

Good example

- still hard for a video recording to do it justice of course.

Before 2015 and/or at DisneyLAND it appears to have been run of the mill projection that looks washed out in other videos.

Anyway, I was impressed. But for all I know it's old tech. I don't get out of the basement much!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]