APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rick Lang
Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)
on Apr 28, 2016 at 10:17:59 am

Tim, I finally purchased a Blackmagic URSA Mini 4.6K PL mount camera about a week before NAB 2016 so it was a relief to see there was no new 'disruptive' camera from BMD! I very much appreciated the announcement of firmware update 4.0 due in June and that honestly is such a wonderful update that it makes the URSA Mini a new camera in terms of ease of use and flexibility.

But I don't own any PL mount lenses yet (50mm APO ordered), so another lasting takeaway was SLR Magic demoing their new 25mm and 85mm 'budget' APO primes that will likely be available in September this year: they also announced a 32mm APO as well as hinted there will be an 18mm and 135mm after that. And one of the nicest touches is their very simple EF replacement mount for the PL primes. You simply unscrew the last part of the PL mount and screw on the EF mount (or other popular mounts) like you're changing the lid on a glass jar. I mean that literally, no screws and screwdrivers involved.

I also bought the just released cheap BMD B4 1.1x optical mount for the URSA Mini PL cameras and a used Fujinon HA20x7.8B-M10 all manual compact Cine zoom (not ENG) lens which appears to be a beauty.

Very happy to see the focus on improving the utility of existing products for the first time in a long time compared to the prior emphasis on distracting 'disruptive' shiny things.

Edit: Oops, need to update my equipment listed below! Now using iMac 5K Retina 4.0GHz 32GB/4GB.

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]