APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Raudonis
Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)
on Apr 27, 2016 at 8:00:59 pm

Agree with everyone's comments so far, and will add this:

Large scale "Jumbotron" direct LED panels are approaching a level of resolution that may render projectors obsolete! The "pitch" of each individual LED is now down to .8mm, which means if you're more than 15 feet away from the screen, the image looks extremely impressive.

There were giant sized walls (25 ft high by 30ft wide) displaying 8K video that was spectacular. I was considering installing a traditional projector and screen for one of our large gathering spaces, and now I'm thinking LED panel instead. This technology has really advanced in just the last year. The LED panels are brighter than any projector, and work in a daylight environment in ways that are just impossible for the old projectors and screen.

My take away is that these large LED panels are going to become even more ubiquitous as cost comes down. This translates to more business opportunities for the creative community for programming to fill all these screens.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]