APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn Miller
Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)
on Apr 27, 2016 at 8:00:00 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Sony was a yawn. Panasonic was a yawn, except for Varicam LT. RED has a good story to tell, but friends of mine who were shopping cameras there were put off by RED's usual squishy delivery schedules. ARRI still makes the best image (to my eye) even if you want to argue whether or not it's truly 4K. I don't care. In the testing I've done, even early Alexas HD video (and then upscaled to UHD 4K) still looks better than many actual UHD (4K) cameras on the market today. The exception would maybe be the BMD URSA Mini 4.6 or the AJA CION. But I digress..."

Totally agree here. I think the Ursa Mini 4.6k and the Cion are a COMPLETE STEAL at $5k US (assuming you get a working Ursa Mini). I agonized over choosing one or the other this year, but came away with the Mini4.6 for various reasons. I'll also add that I'm pulling for the Craft Camera and Kinefinity's newest 6k offering.

I still find it rather irritating that the mainstream manufactures refuse to deliver 10/12bit, 4:2:2 cameras for less than $15k. I can almost understand making internal raw recording the thing that delineates the product lines... or maybe even dynamic range, but 4:2:2, 10bit?!?! I feel as if that should be the standard rather than the exception for anything considered a professional capture device (in the 21st century). Not that I don't adore the Canon C100 MKII, or Panasonic's GH4 and DVX-200 (though, I'm still not exactly sure who this camera is for).

Shawn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]